Cornea Health in Orange County, CA
The health of your cornea is vital for clear vision. The cornea is the clear outer layer of the eye (like a windshield). It not only protects the eye from debris but also allows light to pass through, bend onto the lens, and ultimately focus on the back of the eye (the retina).
If the cornea becomes injured, distorted or irritated, your vision will be impacted. At Harvard Eye Associates our cornea specialists in Laguna Hills and San Clemente treat the following cornea conditions:
- Common conditions:
- Less common conditions:
- Corneal dystrophies, such as Fuchs Dystrophy
- Ocular surface infections, as such herpes zoster (shingles) and herpes simplex
- Corneal ulcers, such as those caused by contact lenses
- Inflammatory disorders (such as episcleritis or iritis)
- Corneal swelling (pseudophakic bullous keratopathy)
- Corneal scarring from trauma, previous infections, or other causes
Meet Our Orange County, CA, Cornea Specialists
- John A. Hovanesian, MD
- Duna Raoof, MD
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our cornea specialists.
- Keywords: cornea health in Orange County, cornea specialist in Laguna Hills, cornea specialist in San Clemente, Orange County cornea specialist, Dry Eye